Thursday, December 31, 2009

au pied de cochon

We ate at the famous Au Pied de Cochon, and I must say it was probably the best food I`ve ever tasted. This was my first time trying froi gras and it definitely lived up to the hype.

I would recommend anyone (that likes meat) visiting or living in the Montreal area try out this restaurant if they haven`t already.

Here are some details about the restaurant -

Restaurant:Au Pied de Cochon
Location:536 Duluth Est, Montréal

What we ordered:
- the daily special: gnocchi in duck confit
- Duck in a can
- Tatare
- some drinks, including Pied de Cochon beer

gnocchi in duck consume

The meal started off amazingly with the gnocchi dish (pictured above). It tasted very very fresh and the duck consume was to die for. After the appetizer I already knew this was to be one of the best meals I have ever had in my life.

steak tartare

duck in a can

I was really dissappointed in myself for ordering the Tatare and not the duck in the can. The duck in a can comes as the name states - in a can & the server opens the can on the spot and pours all the goodness onto your plate. Luckily I was able to steal some wonderful morsels of duck off of Dave`s plate. I am usually very skeptical of duck, as Chicnese restaurants usually win hands down int he duck preparation department, but I must say that this was absolutely the best duck I have ever had. The delictable duck flavour was so incredibly and wonderfully powerful. I`m drooling just thinking about it. I was seriously considering calling my dish a write off and ordering a whole other meal. Don`t get me wrong, the Tatare was fine, but definitely nothing compared to the duck in a can.

No comments: