Friday, January 1, 2010

brick toast - trial 1

I am actually having trouble finding powdered milk NOT in bulk quantities at my local grocery stores. Dave suggested I try Bulk Barn, but the 1 near our house is closed for renovations, so I decided to try the eaglebrand.ca brick toast recipe.

Ingredients:
1 loaf unsliced white bread
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Preparation:
1. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Slice bread into l ½” (4cm) slices. You should get approximately 8-10 pieces. Place on baking sheet. Score each piece from top to bottom with an X. Spoon 1 tbsp (15mL) condensed milk over bread. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
3. Place under broiler and broil for 1 minute or until bread starts to get golden. Watch it carefully as it can burn quickly. Serve immediately.

I burned one of the slices a bit, but all in all it turned out very good. Success!

I can now enjoy the loveliness of brick toast IN BED!

No comments: