Tuesday, October 21, 2008

starbucks vivanno




So I think I blogged about Starbucks' new drink Vivanno previously and also about how I tried their Orange Mango Banana Blend. Well today I finally got to try their Banada Chocolate Blend. I was in a rush to get to the doctor's office yesterday afternoon, but needed nourishment, so I decided to swing by Stabucks and pay my lots of money for a drink.

According to Starbucks' website: The simple ingredient list for both beverages includes:
• one whole banana
• a proprietary whey protein and fiber powder
• choice of milk
• and ice

I wish I had known to ask for low-fat milk, or that they had asked me! Or that you could add a shot of espresso (not that I would have, but it would have been nice to have known that was an option).

Anywho, it wasn't bad. Not as chocolatey as I had hoped, but I guess it has to be healthy still. It did make me feel good that there was at least 1 serving of fruit in there. Amazingly enough it did fill me up pretty good and I wasn't hungry until late last night.

Here's the nutritional information of the Banana Chocolate Vivanno (from their website):
Serving Size 16 fl. oz. -->

Amt Per Serving
Calories - 270
Fat Calories - 45
Total Fat (g) - 5
Saturated Fat (g) - 2.5
Trans Fat (g) - 0
Cholesterol (mg) - 15
Sodium (mg) - 170
Total Carbohydrates (g) - 44
Fiber (g) - 6
Sugars (g) - 28
Protein (g) - 21
Vitamin A - 10%
Vitamin C - 15%
Calcium - 20%
Iron - 15%
Caffeine (mg) - 15

No comments: