Thursday, June 19, 2008

toronto celebrity chef to open gourmet grocery store


One of my favorite stores in Ottawa is La Bottega - a family owned gourmet Italian grocery store, located in the Byward Market. With its large European selection including yummy fresh breads and cute cafe in the back I absolutely adore going there.

Although grocery stores have come a LONG way in the past couple of years, I've still always wished that there was a similar store near my home in uptown Toronto.

That's why I was uber excited when I heard on the radio that Mark McEwan (one of my favorite celebrity chefs) is opening a gourmet grocery store, to be named McEwan, near Don Mills and Lawrence in January 2009.

Catch Mark McEwan's TV show "The Heat" on FoodTV Fridays at 11:30pm ET/8:30pm PT.
For more information about "The Heat": foodtv.ca/theheat

Image from: labottega.ca

No comments: