Monday, April 27, 2009

nigella express - butternut squash with pecans and blue cheese


For dinner last night we had sliced pork sandwiches and for a side I tried another Nigella recipe....

Butternut Squash With Pecans and Blue Cheese (page 333)

Ingredients:
- butternut squash
- olive oil
- fresh thyme or dried thyme
- pecans
- blue cheese

I used dried thyme and substituted honey covered walnuts instead of pecans.

Yup - I'm totally addicted to this book, but the recipes are so convenient & quick & don't call for a long list of ingredients (making it affordable) which is always good.

It turned out alright...I’m not a huge fan of blue cheese as it is a bit too strong for me. Perhaps I should have substituted brie or something else. I find butternut a bit too rich for me most times I cook it myself though.

I think one day I will attempt to make butternut squash ravioli. That is the dream!

No comments: