Sunday, December 7, 2008

ann's shortbread cookies


My good friend Yen gave me her sister's shortbread cookie recipe, so I decided with the holiday season around the corner that it would be a great time to try it for the first time.

I ran out to Michael's (the craft store) and bought the Wilton Cookie Press that's shown on the picture on the left (image from: wilton.com). I was so excited to use it. Let me just note that using this thing is so not easy. Comfort-grip my ass! My cookies came out all weird looking and trying to squeeze the cookies out was so painful! Maybe I should have spludged for the more expensive cookie press. *sigh*

Anywho, back to the cookies.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1.5 cups of softened (not melted) butter

The recipe was easy to follow and lots of fun to make. =) And the end result was yummy, but not so pretty, cookies. I finished them off by dipping them in some melted chocolate because....you know....i'm a chocoholic.


I would say it was a pretty succesful first attempt. So much better than that time in university that I tried to make those peanut butter cookies. Ewwwwww.

No comments: