Tuesday, September 2, 2008

vietnamese fresh spring rolls


So I decided it would be neat to attempt to make Vietnamese fresh spring rolls to bring to a potluck bar-b-q.

Unfortunately my fiancee didn't think our attempts were quite ready for public consumption just yet. We still had a bit to go until our spring roll rolling techniques were perfected.

They were a lot easier to make than I thought though, so I'm looking forward to making them for lunch and maybe by next year we'll be good enough to bring them for our friends to try!

I got the recipe from: allrecipes.com but added a few extra touches like bean sprouts and shredded carrots to the mix. We also picked up a peanut sauce in the local grocery store so we`d have 3 dipping sauces to choose from, but it didn`t turn out that great - i`ll post about that at a later date.

p.s. I`m so happy to have my camera fixed again!

No comments: