Friday, August 1, 2008

felt food

I have a confession to make: I like food so much, I even like fake food.

Ever since I was a child I’ve enjoyed fake food. (I guess I should have know I would be a foodie when I grew up). Be it the plastic fake food my parents bought me to play with, or those restaurants in Hong Kong that always had the faux-food to show you what you were going to be eating - I loved it.

So I was immediately drawn to this store on the Etsy network: gobuggy.etsy.com when I came across it. Felt food? This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this and I think it's absoultely too cute. What a great idea for children’s toys! (as long as the child is old enough to know not to eat it). I especially enjoy the gyozas (dumplings) and the grilled tofu. When I finally get my own place I'm totally going to fill it with felt food.

The above picture is of gobuggy's gyoza dinner, complete with snow peas, carrots and mushrooms. Check out more inspired items at: gobuggy.etsy.com

1 comment: