Thursday, July 24, 2008

added to the sagging bookshelf...

It's always a bad thing when I step into a bookstore. It's like I have this weird phobia that I can't leave without buying something or the bookstore will be offended. Considering I already have over 150 food-related books, and nowhere to store them all, my sad addiction to food-books is in a sad state.

That being said, I haven't bought a book in awhile (mainly because I have deliberately avoided stepping into any bookstores), but my coworker wanted to check out the big SALE that the local Chapters bookstore was having so she dragged me along and lo and behold, I brought two more additions to the cookbook library I seem to be building.

In my defense, they were both on sale and I ended up paying only $16.05 (plus taxes) for both.

I'm sure one day I'll get around to doing a full book review (as I'm vowing to review all my food books on this blog) but for now, I'll just leave you with this teaser:

I bought A Cook's Book of Quick Fixes but Anne Willan, which I'm sure will become indispensible in my kitchen as it contains nothing but kitchen tips.


And, just because I love food photos, I bought Ingredients by Loukie Werle and Jill Cox, which is really nothing but 350+ pages of food photos and very little text. Yummmm.

1 comment:

Suziesaurus said...

you will definitely need several bookshelves in/around your kitchen.