Monday, September 29, 2008

michelin stars


Watching a lot of the food network and Gordon Ramsay I kept hearing about Michelin stars. I gathered that it was a prestigeous rating system for restaurants known around the world (or at least North America and Europe), but that's about all I knew about it, so I decided to investigate.

From Wikipedia:
"The Michelin Guide (Le Guide Michelin) is a series of annual guide books published by Michelin for over a dozen countries. The term refers by default to the Michelin Red Guide, the oldest and best-known European hotel and restaurant guide, which awards the Michelin stars."

I was totally unaware that the Michelin they mentioned was actually the Tire company. They have a hotel and restaurant guide? you learn something new every day!

See tommorrow's post for a review of Mario Batali's Del Posto restaurant which received 2 Michelin stars in 2007 and 2008.

No comments: