Sunday, August 24, 2008

restaurant review: canyon chophouse ($25 set course meal)


Restaurant: Canyon Creek Chophouse
Location: 430 Progress Ave., Scarborough, Ontario
Telephone: 416-296-1400
Website: canyoncreekchophouse.com

Meal type: Dinner

Average price per person: $26-$60

What I ordered:
- Ceasar salad starter
- Chicago-cut striploin (with a side of mashed potatoes and grilled vegatables)
- Lidnt chocolate cheesecake
- side of sweet potato fries
- coke to drink (free refills)

Ratings:











Comments:
I know I already reviewed the Canyon Creek Chophouse in Burlington, but I had to write about the dinner we had at the Scarborough location. We were trying to decide where to eat, when we drove by the Canyon Creek and saw a banner advertising a special $25 3-course dinner menu. Similar to Summerlicious where you have 2-3 options for a starter, main course and dessert to choose from.

It's a pretty sweet deal considering the chicago-cut sirloin entree alone is usually $29 alone. Granted the portions are smaller, but I was still totally unable to finish all my food.

Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the mashed potatoes or grilled vegatbles. Similarly to last time my grilled vegetables were very measly (would it kill them to give more than 1 piece of red pepper? or more than 2 pieces of asparagus?) and my mashed potatoes were cold and un-appetizing. But the rest of the food was great.

The service and atmosphere were very good. I really love their patios. They did a really good job creating an inviting, but chic outdoor place to eat.

Sorry - no pictures! My camera is still on the fritz.

No comments: