Wednesday, July 2, 2008

london calling

Growing up, my parents took me and my sister to places all over Asia and North America, but we had never gone to Europe. The older I got, the more I dreamed about visiting the great European cities.

Well, finally in 2006, I got to go to London for a week. And there, I fell in love with a city. Now, every time I see anything to do with London, I swoon a tiny bit.

Which is why I couldn't resist picking up this book in the Williams-Sonoma series (plus it was on sale for $5!!! How could I resist?)


Part cookbook, part travel guide, there are some great recommendations of where to shop and where to eat while in London. I can't wait to go back so that I can visit some of the places mentioned in this book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that roast beef and bread pudding on the cover?

I really love that they put everythingin pie in London/England, because I love pie.

I also love discovering food while travelling. I love those travelling food shows for that reason.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

ellie - oh my god! don't you love that about England? I especially fell in love with their pasties - they're sooo yummy and convenient! I wish I could find a good pasty shop here in Toronto - I'd be there all the time!

Wait, on the other hand...that would probably mean I'd gain like a hundred pounds in a few months, so maybe it's better that pasties stay over in the UK!